75 Creative Ways to Caption Your Birth Announcement
Just had a baby? YAY! This is a beautiful time…and an exhausting time. Sharing the news of your little one’s arrival is high on the list of important things, because friends and family are eagerly awaiting the news. And who does not want to show off their precious new addition?
But after delivery, and with the first several hours or days of sleeplessness, you might be lacking in creative ideas to caption your baby’s first photo. If you are looking for cute, heartfelt, or sentimental ways to announce your baby’s birth, look no further than our convenient list of the best wording for a baby announcement on social media.
Any of the catchy phrasing on this list can be followed by 'Welcoming—' or other short and simple wording to include Baby’s name, birth stats, and additional details. Get the big siblings involved, make it all about the little one, or include a bit of humour if you are up for it. This is a big moment, but it does not have to wear you out. Here are all our favourite ways to share your baby’s birth.
Simple Birth Announcement Ideas
All that matters is that friends, family, and followers get to see that sweet face or learn the little one’s name. If you are not up for being too wordy, these very basic baby announcement photo captions will do the trick. Pair with a photograph (if you are planning to share Baby’s face with the world) and/or the arrival date and info and leave it at that. Easy peasy!
- She/He/They Are Here!
- Proudly Presenting…
- Just the statistics. (Name, date/time of arrival, length, weight. Done!)
- Welcome, [Insert Baby’s Name Here]
- Big Brother/Sister [Name] is Thrilled to Announce…
- Look who is here!
- We are thrilled to share the news…
- OMG, we are parents!
- And just like that… [Baby’s name] is here.
Sentimental Birth Announcement Ideas
If you would like to add a little flourish, you can caption your baby’s birth announcement with some sweet and sentimental language. You can be emotive without knocking out a paragraph. Keep it brief and authentic, including a photo and/or statistics below. Facebook also handily has 'feeling' tags you can include to take even more of the guesswork out; a quick browse and selection from that list paired with some of this wording is all you need to make your baby’s announcement emotional and lovely.
- With so much love and pride, we present our [daughter/son]
- …And Baby Makes Three (...Or however many this baby makes!)
- Best. Day. Ever.
- Over the 🌙
- Love at first sight is REAL!
- [He/She] was totally worth the wait.
- They were right. There is no feeling in the world like this.
- It is hard to believe our family is complete! Proudly welcoming [Name], a new baby for you all to meet.
Religious/Spiritual Birth Announcement Ideas
For the more religious parents or those looking for a spiritual/connectedness angle, these simple captions will do the trick. Start with this wording, and then add 'proudly presenting,' 'welcome to the family, [Name]' or another simple introduction right after.
- For this child, we have prayed.
- So very blessed.
- Our little miracle is here.
- Fearfully & Wonderfully Made
- L’Chaim! To life! A new life is here.
- Mashallah—so grateful and blessed with this new little one.
- All of God’s grace in one little face.
Gender Reveal Birth Announcement Ideas
Team green babies have some of the most anticipated announcements, because not only are friends and family waiting on a name and photo, but they are dying to know if you are having a boy or girl. There are so many creative ways to share your team-green baby news, and it quite simply can involve just an image of your child in a pink or blue outfit. These easy caption ideas make posting your baby news even easier, when letting everyone in on the exciting news.
- It is a… (Old school, but why not? We love this classic verbiage!)
- Our Little [Princess/Prince] is here
- Oh Boy!
- Baby Boy Joy
- A bouncing baby boy has joined us!
- Guess it is time to 'Buy some blue sh*t!' (The Knocked Up movie quote is a slam-dunk for funny parents)
- Sugar & Spice
- We Are Tickled Pink
- Bring on the Bows!
(For sibling announcements:)
- Oh, Brother!
- Hey, Sister!
- A little [brother/sister] has joined our crew.
Seasonal Birth Announcement Ideas
Announcing your baby’s birth at a special time of year? Hint: It is always a special time of year. These seasonal and holiday caption ideas will help you creatively announce your Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer baby.
- We love you snow much, [Name]
- Baby New Year is here.
- Lots of love (for a Valentine’s Day announcement)
- Look who has hatched!
- On a perfect day in May...
- Our little sunshine is here!
- The cutest pumpkin in the patch
- All treat, no tricks
- Santa baby!
- Look what Santa brought us this year
- A little miracle, just in time for [insert religious holiday here].
Funny Birth Announcement Ideas
Funny birth announcement ideas are perfect for the parent or parents who lean into humour for the big and small moments. Get a chuckle out of friends and loved ones when you share your baby’s birth with one of these cute and funny captions.
- We did a thing. Introducing: [Name]
- They do not call it 'labour' for nothing…
- She is BACK! (Featuring Mum holding up a glass of wine for 'Cheers!')
- Hey y’all, I’m [Baby’s Name]
- Oops, we did it again! (Especially funny if you never announced your pregnancy)
- [She/He] Ran out of womb
- Stop your scroll… this is BIG.
- New Kid on the Block
- We made a human.
- Holy sh*t, we have a baby!
- We make babies; what is your superpower?
Early Baby Announcements
If your baby arrived early, the news will come as a shock to many. Let everyone in on the joy with a sweet introduction for that tiny babe who just could not wait any longer to make their appearance.
- Ready or not! Here [he/she] came.
- The stork was in a hurry…
- Mummy was SO over being pregnant.
- Upgraded to priority!
- It looks like this little one just did not want to miss [insert holiday/event]
Late Baby Announcements
On the flip side, if you went over 40 weeks, you know everyone in your circle has been waiting on pins and needles for the news. These cute caption ideas are designed for those babies who just did not want to leave the warmth and comfort of the inside in a timely manner.
- Fashionably late — introducing [Name]!
- A little late, but worth the wait.
- Apparently, 9 months were not enough…
- What is a few extra weeks of being pregnant when you get this at the end?
- [He/She] is finally here!
Meaningful Quotes for Birth Announcements
At this sentimental and special moment, you might want to introduce your little one with a beautiful quote. Especially if you cannot quite find the words through the delirium, here are some lovely words to encapsulate a range of feelings at the birth of your baby—the very start of their childhood! One of these paired with a photo or just their name is a perfect way to share the news of your baby’s birth.
- Your first breath took ours away.
- 'Like stars are to the sky, so are the children to our world.' —Chinonye J. Chidolue
- For all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you.
- 'It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into.' —Terri Guillemets
- Something tells me I am going to love him/her forever.
- 'With every newborn baby, a little sun rises.' —Irmgard Erath
- 'And she loved a little boy very much, even more than she loved herself.' —The Giving Tree
Have questions about a Happiest Baby product? Our consultants would be happy to help! Submit your questions here.
Disclaimer: The information on our site is NOT medical advice for any specific person or condition. It is only meant as general information. If you have any medical questions and concerns about your child or yourself, please contact your health provider. Breastmilk is the best source of nutrition for babies. It is important that, in preparation for and during breastfeeding, mothers eat a healthy, balanced diet. Combined breast- and bottle-feeding in the first weeks of life may reduce the supply of a mother's breastmilk and reversing the decision not to breastfeed is difficult. If you do decide to use infant formula, you should follow instructions carefully.